Tuesday 4 June 2013

Day -1 to 1

I know it's a little odd to start my recounting on day -1 but the beginning of how I got this job is a little bit odd in itself. I guess i should start with what I am actually doing here well in currently sat at a antique 70's desk worth in the region of £5,000 awaiting the instruction of my fun loving boss John as he tries to organise me a list of login details for his many websites etc. This I think is the perfect time for be to start this little blogging venture of mine.

So day -1 was the first encounter I had with John and it's a long story but I'll try to cut it down for you. Basically I had to interview a  number of artists about their life experiences as creative people. John being such a person offered to take some time out to speak with me. So I grabbed a cab and shot over to his studio one city over from my own to carry out our interview. Having spoken to five other artists before him I wasn't holding out much hope he would be any more interesting than the last but I was plesantly surprised. This then turned into a 2,500 word story about my chat with John De Mearns and if you want to read it its my last post or should I say my first.

Anyway John was late which if you have read my rambling piece you will already know and you will also know that he expressed the need for an intern. Enter me. i offered my services and I'm now sat at this gorgeous desk waiting for my next instruction.

Day 0 was a studio open day where I came and had a chat with John about exactly what it is he wants me to do for him and much like my father he rambled a little going over the same point a couple of times before swiftly moving on to the next. Needless to say the tasks he wanted to set me were do able and fairly simple in the most part with a few curve balls thrown in for good measure. But I'll get to those a little later.

Now it's day 1 and I'm looking at a box of yogi green tea debating when to have my first cup. Now is a good a time as any I surpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment